I am a holistic therapist working with adults and children with a variety of learning difficulties. I bring to all the work that I do many years and a whole variety of training and experience. My initial training was as a general and then a psychiatric nurse, following a Diploma in Nurse Education I then taught nurses for many years. I have two sons both with Dyslexia, Dyspraxia (poor co-ordination), the younger one with Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder and Tourettes.
It is mostly as a result of trying to help them that I now do what I do. What I found helpful for them I subsequently did the training so that I could help others. I began with an exercise programme developed by INPP in Chester to give the brain a second chance to develop more maturely by inhibiting the baby Primitive Reflexes and establishing stronger adult Postural Reflexes. I then trained as a Johansen Sound Therapist, extending that to The Listening Programme and then 7 years ago I embarked on a course in Functional Biochemistry that changed my whole way of thinking and working. Recently I have come full circle but this time learning a new technique to help with emotional and mental health problems.
My sons have experienced all of the treatments that I offer, I use many myself. Having been through years of difficulty with my sons I understand the problem from their point of view, and the heartache for the parents who are frequently lost, without knowing what to do, or who to turn to. Let me see if I can help.
I work with:
- Children and adults with Specific Learning Difficulty: Dyslexia, reading writing, spelling and numeracy difficulty.
- Children and adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder.
- Children and adults with emotional and behavioural difficulty.
- Children with Auditory Processing Difficulty, speech and language delay.
- Adults with partial hearing loss, with hesitant speech, or with speech loss as a result of stroke, or other brain injury.
- Allergy, Sensitivity and Intolerance
- Adults and children with a variety of, mental and physical health problems: depression, phobias, anxiety, panic attacks, irritable bowel and other digestive problems, ME, MS, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, arthritis and many more.
I have two brochures which describe my work in this area. You can download these by following the links: